Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > HT200 does does not allow software selec...
HT200 does does not allow software selection, just returns to login screen after binding

1295 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2022-04-12 20:46:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2020-12-29 19:20:55
     HT200 does does not allow software selection, just returns to login screen after binding

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2021-02-23 23:02:22

Same and Autel support is awful, will be returning.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2021-05-22 16:40:04 (Reply to:)

I was hoping for an answer... Have the same issue with a AP200M. From my searches so far, seems a common problem with no answer.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2022-04-12 20:46:07

Late reply I know but fyi for anyone else: I had that and other issues using my AP200. The solution was to to use a tablet instead of my phone. My phone is a Galaxy S8+, which should work but it doesn't cooperate. The tablet I bought, just for this one purpose, was $150 and the Autel app refused to download. It said my tablet wasn't supported  >:|   I called bs, and it was. What I had to do is "backup" the Autel app on my phone, via an app backup app, then transfer the backup file to the tablet. This is when I discovered the USB port on my new tablet is for charging only...  Isn't tech supposed to make life easier?  So I had to put the app on Google Drive and got it over that way.  
    Of course the app worked on it, and that's what I've been using ever since. 
    It took forever to download the software for my car but I did it. Many hours and many tries because the download would fail part way. Finally got it working. Now my only real issues are the app rarely remembers my user/pass, then it takes forever to load and scan my car. It takes about 15min start to finish to clear a code. I only use it because it's more powerful than other ways, meaning other apps or generic scanners cannot clear certain codes and it seems those codes are what I tend to get. 
    Optionally you can put a free program on your PC/Laptop that will run Android apps, which I've yet to try, but fyi might be worth trying before you buy something. 
  Total1 Pages